PHOTOS: Stars Pay Last Respect To Heavy D

Late rap artist Dwight Myres aka Heavy D who

died last week was laid to rest after a private

funeral ceremony in New York on Friday. The

ceremony held at Grace Baptist Church was filled to capacity by friends, family and close associates of the late star.



In his tribute, read by Rev. Al Sharpton, President Barrack Obama said: "We extend our heartfelt condolences at this difficult time. He will be remembered for his infectious optimism and many contributions to American music.

Please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers".



Also paying tribute to his buddy, P. Diddy talked

about how Heavy D helped give him his start in

the music industry, and how their decades-long

friendship continued up until Heavy D's death.



"He became my friend. He became my brother,

and I'm not talking about friend-brother like we

cavalierly use the word, I'm talking about a real

friend, a real brother," Diddy said. "Somebody I

shared my dreams and my secrets with,

somebody that's been there for me at my lowest

point, my darkest hour when nobody wanted to

be beside me."



But he also told jokes as he recounted his

"bromance" with the rapper, including a recent

visit to Miami that was supposed to last for three

days, but "turned into three weeks." He added

that Heavy D got to know his chef "very well."

Sharpton also drew laughter when he noted that

James Brown "made us black and proud; (Heavy

D) made us fat and proud."



A fund has been set up to financially aid Heavy

D's daughter; details were available on the

website http://www.rememberheavyd.com .

May his soul rest in peace.





If you like our posts, kindly share with your friends amd so drop your comments here

0 comments

Drop Your Comments here

Copyright © HOTTEST GIST .