INTERVIEW:: I can act NUDE for good price---- Chiwetalu Agu

The name Chiwetalu Agu sure rings a bell in
Nigeria and beyond the borders. This is an actor,
who has carved a niche for himself in the Nigerian movie industry. He stands out with his wit and humour. Indeed, one of the things that set him apart from other actors is his invention of cliques in every film he features.

In this interview, Agu told his incredible story. He
talked about role he plays in movies, family and
how he comes about the some of the funny
things he says, among others.


The standard of Nigerian movies is becoming so poor that most Nigerians opt for international and Gollywood movies. What do you think is the way forward in correcting that?

"Well, Ghanaians are very desperate; they can act nude because they don't see anything wrong in it. And with that they are really trying to push our Nigerian actress off the scene. An instance is the recent poster of a movie I saw in Asaba where the so-called very good girl, Chioma Chukwuka- Akpotha, was half-clad. To my greatest shock, she was wearing only pant and bra in the poster. Chioma really went bizarre, I must admit. I don't know if her husband actually approved of that posture. So you see Nigerian actresses are trying to do what Ghanaians are addicted to in order to bounce back to reckoning. That notwithstanding, I give kudos to her because if one wants to remain relevant in the Nollywood, you have to stand on two feet and do whatsoever it takes to put you in place. I am also advising husbands of any actress to be very understanding and allow them spread their net wide.

So are you saying that you don't see
anything in actresses acting ***e, both
married ones?


Well, I wouldn't say I support acting nudee for
naughty sake, but if the character you are meant to play has something to do with being nakedd, then go ahead and show the world how good you are in interpreting a character. For example, can one play a real market mad woman with pulling off her clothes? I have seen a mad woman who was taking bath in a gutter in an expressway. As she bent to scoop water with her hands from the gutter, she doesn't really care if her ass was facing the north or south. And when she was
washing her buttocks with same dirty water, she
didn't care if the breasts were standing erect or
surrendered in defeat. She was just doing her
thing. So if you have to do all that in the course of acting it's fine; so long as they pay you
handsomely.

Would you act Nude?

Yeah, why not, as long as the pay is right. I would give in whatever it takes to interpret the role. Yes, tongues would wag but before a week or two everybody would have forgotten what happened and your money would be smiling in your account. That means that our profession is paying fine. If I act nude today, I have a very
understanding family, kindred, community and
friends; they all know what it takes to be a
versatile actor. I was conferred a Chief by my
Igwe; so I am now addressed as Chief Chiwetalu
Agu, the Oke mmiri na ezoluoha of Amokwe town, based on my numerous achievements.

If you like our posts, kindly share with your friends and also drop your comments here.

0 comments

Drop Your Comments here

Copyright © HOTTEST GIST .